Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Pressure's On

I'm one month away from finishing my Master's work and it seems like the load has quadrupled in the past couple weeks. This past week I spent several hours each day doing research for a group project, only to come up empty on the data we need. Not only am I frustrated that the time spent on our project has yielded zero results, but I am also upset that all those hours I spent searching for statistics could have been spent on finishing my thesis! I have put in a call to my professor and e-mailed my group members about my lack of success, and now I'm waiting for a response. Admitting that I essentially failed at my group assignment is not easy. I tried so hard to find what we needed that I spent an entire week's energy doing research.
But research on our topic is not expected to just pop up, because the data we need is so insanely specific! If anyone knows where I can find reading scores for 15 13 year-olds from the UK sorted by gender, class and ethnicity, please let me know!
Okay, that's the end of my rant. :P When we uploaded our gun videos the other night, we came across this oldie from last summer. Turning up the volume for this one would be a good idea, so you get the full effect.


P.S. Happy Birthday, DAD!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us what you think!