Monday, April 4, 2011

Back to the Grind

I'm back from my warm and relaxing vacation and have been finding it a bit difficult getting back into the swing of things. On the up side, I finished two chapters of my thesis this weekend and have only one to go! Somehow I was able to write both chapters at Steven and Jodi's house, despite the noise and excitement of ten friends coming together for the weekend. The end is so close, I can almost taste it :P
Anyway, I had a fabulous week with family and friends. I was on the go for most of it, trying to fit in everything and everyone while I was down there. Palm Springs was amazing. The weather was incredible--85 to 90 degrees the entire time! It was about the same in Temecula and Grand Terrace (where Steven and Jodi live). I was spoiled with sun every day--not a rain drop or cloud in sight.
In Palm Springs we sat by the pool most of the time, trying to cram in a slight tan if possible. 
It was so nice to have time together with my sisters again. I saw them for a few hours when I flew down to move our stuff up to Portland, but otherwise I hadn't seen them since December. 

 We of course had to make a stop at In-N-Out on our way home from Palm Springs. There aren't any in Oregon, and I had been craving it for a couple months now. I'll have you know, the burger did not disappoint.
The day after Palm Springs, Kim CC and I had a quick "sister photoshoot" with our friend Jadrien, and then drove to Temecula to spend the day with our Opa and Oma. I think it was a special occasion, because my Oma got out the 30-year old liquor--Christmas bottle cozy and all--to add to our OJ. It was still good ;)
From Temecula, Kim and Courtney dropped me off with Steven and Jodi. I spent three nights with our Sonoma friends and it was amazing. I don't think we've spent that much time together since the dorm days four years ago (Was is really that long ago?!).
I already miss them! They might just be coming up here to Portland for our next reunion. That or Vegas... Either way, I really can't complain!
And now, back to the grind...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us what you think!