Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Happy Spring

It's getting here... slowly but surely. The weather has been pretty mild and quite enjoyable compared to the 20 degree weather we faced in January.
Yesterday for the first time I ran a couple errands and didn't bring a coat! I did grab a jacket for the dog park though, because the chill came back as it got later in the day. Toby and I have so much fun at the park. Yesterday our neighbor and her dog Katie were there again, so Toby had a playmate and I had someone to talk to. Did I mention that the park is huge?!
See the little black dot in the middle of the picture? That's Toby :)
I'm guessing it's at least 3 acres, probably more. And it's only a five minute drive away! Next time I'm bringing some gloves. And a hat.
In other news, my window garden finally has some green! I am starting with parsley, basil, rosemary and chives.
I'm trying to sprout some more rosemary using an 18-ct egg carton--hopefully they'll be popping up soon. My goal is to use the rosemary to line our fence in the backyard. I'd love to have some handy 24/7 to spruce up our cooking. The other herbs will come in handy too-- especially when the basil grows enough for Nick to make his famous pesto. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us what you think!