Thursday, March 10, 2011

Fresh Baked Bread

Today, for the first time in 5 months, I made bread with our bread machine. Normally this would be a silly thing to bring up in a blog, but I feel like this has some symbolism. For the last 4 months, Nick and I did not have the luxury of doing a lot of things around the house that we enjoy. One of them (for me especially... well, and for Nick because I'm pretty sure he likes eating...) is cooking and baking in the kitchen.  While we were living temporarily in different places over the last few months, we did not have access to any of our things, besides that in our suitcases. It was near impossible to make extravagant dishes because we were living out of someone else's home and did not have the necessary space, ingredients, supplies, etc.

Making bread today (despite it requiring only 5 minutes of labor on my part...shhh!) means a lot to me because we finally, finally have all of our precious kitchen tools back in our very own home. Maybe that's why the bread tasted extra yummy this afternoon...
 
 ...Either that or it's the extra butter I slathered on. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us what you think!