Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Movin' On Up

Today is Nick's first day at work. He looked like a pro when he left this morning-- all dressed up with tie and jacket. I just got a text from him, telling me that his new coworkers got him a cake and balloons. I have a feeling he's going to like it there!

This is a (not-so-great) shot of Nick's BofA. I love the buiding!
Yesterday Nick and I drove up from Eugene to Portland. Cousin Amy graciously offered to watch the Eugene cabin for the next couple days, so we were all set! Nick obviously has to be up here because of work, and I thought I'd tag along in order to check out potential rentals. With Nick working full-time and me staying down in Eugene, it'd be hard to schedule viewings of potential places--letalone sign a lease!
On our drive back up to the City of Roses, I made many phone calls and scheduled rental viewings for later in the day. Of the twelve homes I called on, we were able to set up only four appointments. Three of the four rentals are located a few minutes away from Nick's work, so that is a big plus!
Two of those rentals happened to be in the same complex, go figure. When I called about the second condo and the guy gave me the same address as the first condo, I got very confused.

"Wait, I think I'm already scheduled to see your place at 4:30... are you associated with Laura? She's the lady I'm meeting at that address."
"Uhhhh, no... My girlfriend's name is Hillary."
"Oh...that's strange... It's the same exact address..."
"Hmm..! Wait--That's the Laura from the other side of the complex. She must be renting her condo out, too!"
"Aha!"

It turns out that both Laura and Chris (the guy I spoke with above) have almost identical condos: stainless steel appliances, tile countertops, maple cabinets, gas ranges, dishwasher, (huge kitchen!), and in-unit washer/dryer. The only differences between the two are the larger patio off of Laura's condo vs. slightly larger bedrooms and an extra parking space with Chris's unit. Oh and one more distinguishing feature-- the price tag!! Laura was asking $155 more per month for her unit. I'm guessing you already know who we went with. :) We filled out the rental application last night and are just waiting to hear back about signing the lease.

This is the kitchen in the condo we're applying for.
I can already picture a nice little island in the center :)
Now we just need to coordinate with my dad, as he has offered to haul all of our belongings (currently in storage in Novato) up to Portland. We're hoping to make the move as soon as possible--shooting for the last week in February. After that, we will be residents of Oregon for good!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us what you think!