Thursday, February 10, 2011

Cathedral Park

After I dropped Nick off at work today, I decided to drive around St. Johns area to get a feel for our new hometown. I started at our new condo-- I just had to take another peek at the the outside... and figure out its proximity to a few attractions I found on Yelp. First up: Cathedral Park.
Taken today by yours truly...
too bad there was so much fog this morning!
The park is located at the foot of the St. Johns bridge-- the bridge that is viewable from our front door and quite spectacular! Some people compare it to the Golden Gate--and while I won't go that far just yet, I am excited that we have such a great monument only steps away from our new home! 
photo from columbiariverimages.com
I also visited "Anna Bannanas" (spelled like so... the spelling nerd in me is a little bothered by this!), which is a lovely coffee shop and cafe a couple blocks from our condo. It was the perfect place to get some reading done for class.

After that I went to "Tulip Pastry Shop" because apparently they have the best maple bars around (how could I not check for myself?!). I must say, the maple bar was delicious-- and only cost me three quarters. ;) Not quite the style of VooDoo, but just as tasty! 

We might be signing the least and getting the keys tomorrow, woohoo! We're also driving back down to Eugene tomorrow night because Nick's parents are in town and have brought him the Subaru! He's missed that car dearly... and it will be nice to have my wheels all to myself again. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us what you think!