Friday, February 18, 2011

Internet at Last!

We've been away from the internet world for the last week due to our recent move into the condo... But the Comcast technician came yesterday, so we are finally back in the virtual world. What did we do without the internet??! I felt like a lost puppy the last few days without it... although I think I accomplished a lot more around the house (er, as much as I could for a home with no furniture and only a fraction of our stuff)!  
 A quick little update: 
Last weekend Nick and I drove back to Eugene to pick up his car-- finally!! We spent Friday through Sunday at the cabin with Vikki and Rod. We also went to a Women's basketball game: Ducks vs. USC. It was so much fun! It didn't hurt that Matt got us some great seats-- right behind the announcers. Cousin Stephanie was cheering at the game and it  was a lot of fun to watch her, too. In the picture, she's the blond girl that looks like Nick. ;)

After the game we headed back to Matt and Amy's house and hung out with Stephanie, Joe, Susan & their kids, Scotty, Brandy & her three girls. The next day Rod and Vikki took Nick and I out to a nice lunch at BJs, then we headed to Joe and Susan's to say our goodbyes before Nick and I drove back up. It was a short but very sweet visit. We can't wait for Rod and Vikki to come back up and stay with us in our new condo. 
...Speaking of which! We moved into our condo on Monday night, after Nick got off of work. We'll be sleeping on an air mattress for a week--until I bring the rest of our furniture up with my Dad on Tuesday. Despite the fact that we have barely any cooking supplies, housewares or even a shower curtain, Nick and I are  thrilled to finally have our own place again! After 4 long months, we have a permanent home. Woohoo!
(Update: We now have a shower curtain, a couple more kitchen accessories and two small dressers thanks to a recent Ikea excursion!)
Our landlords are the sweetest people, by the way. She gave us our keys on a cute little keyring and when we moved some of our stuff in on Sunday, we found a housewarming gift from them! 
They also fell in love with Toby (although who wouldn't?! ;) and offered to take him home with them. 
 I considered it for a second...
This is the end of Nick's first full week at Bank of America and it's been so strange not seeing him all day! I've been trying to keep myself busy with my thesis and some job searching, but it was a little difficult to do without internet (nevermind the fact that I don't need internet to write my thesis... it was just my excuse... haha!). In all honesty though, it's been quite lonely around here during the day, especially because our only furniture consists of an air mattress and a beach chair. Not much around here in the way of comfort just yet... I am so looking forward to getting our furniture next week!
This weekend's tentative agenda: Buy Nick a growler (more on that later), go to Portland City Grill (during happy hour of course!) to redeem my Valentine's day gift card from Nick, and possibly attend the Epicurean's walking tour of Portland. 
Speaking of V-day, look what my Valentine brought home on Monday!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us what you think!