Wednesday, February 2, 2011

He's Hired!

NICK GOT THE JOB!! 
WOOHOO! 

Monday evening Nick got a voicemail on his phone from the staffing agent with Bank of America. When they finally spoke that night, she offered him the job as personal banker in North Portland! We are so excited, as we were getting just a bit desperate with our situation! He has worked incredibly hard for this (with over 40 resumes distributed in under 30 days) and I couldn't be more proud of him. :)

Nick left for Portland this afternoon to take care of business (i.e. fingerprinting and paperwork) with the company before his first day of work, February 9. He'll be living in our Portland rental for at least the next couple weeks while he settles into the new job. After that, we'll be looking for a place to finally call our home.

Last night I realized that we'll have been living in temporary housing for four months at the end of February. Because of our nasty landlord situation, we got out of our Novato rental in early November and moved to Concord for the month. With December came my surgery** in Orange County, and that's where I stayed until we headed to Portland on January 1. Now it's February and I'm in Eugene for the month. In four months I've been in 4 places across 1000 miles: North CA, South CA, North OR, South OR. Needless to say, I am very ready to have a more permanent home again. We're already browsing potential rentals-- the time can't pass quick enough!

**Sidenote: today is 2 months post-op for me! I still have quite a bit of back muscle pain and soreness where the bar is placed. Mornings are the worst for me because I wake up very stiff. I also hear/feel a "clicking" in my sternum when I breathe in and out... it doesn't hurt, but it can get annoying! Otherwise I feel great and can do most everything I could pre-op. We went on a hike this weekend and I did pretty well--I could tell that I was out of shape though! Hopefully the soreness will go away soon. We've been using the hot tub almost nightly here at the cabin, and it makes a huge difference!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us what you think!