Saturday, July 23, 2011

Week 1

I apologize for the lack of pictures lately! Nick and I have been so busy that we've gotten far behind on blog posts.
Today marks my first official weekend as a working woman! It has been a very long week of training. Although it's interesting and our trainer makes it fun, it's still very draining. I am becoming an expert on coaching lingo and the specific framework I'll be using to keeping students motivated and goal-oriented. If you need some coaching, I'd be happy to practice on you. :P
Nick has also been busy lately with work (as usual) and his latest endeavor: studying for his Real Estate license. Uncle Mike and Cousin Matt have been big supporters of Nick taking this step, as they are both in that industry as well. So far he's really excited about it and spends every spare minute studying on the computer. Needless to say, I haven't seen much of his this week.
While Nick was at work today, Toby and I took a stroll to the local Farmer's market. This dog gets more attention than adorable children. Actually, he also gets a lot of attention from adorable children--and from many other people, too. I sat with him and watched a singer on stage and Toby got pets and massages and scratches and love galore from about 15 different people (and a few other pups, too). I suppose this makes up for his daily "abandonment" as I go back to work.
Tonight we are going to celebrate Cousin Danny's birthday with a drink or two (or maybe a pup crawl?). Nick's parents are coming up on Friday for Cousin Katie's wedding next Saturday. We are excited to finally show them our little nest and the surrounding area, as this will be their first visit to Portland!
Nick promised that he'd share a post sometime today, too--so stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us what you think!