Monday, May 2, 2011

My Thesis is Complete!

This past Friday I finished my thesis! It was a little more anticlimactic than I expected... I blame it on the fact that I've got loads of other work to do before graduating in 2 weeks. While my thesis is finished, I still need to fix in-text citations (waiting for the nice librarian to e-mail me back on that one), get final approval from my professor, print and bind 3 copies, mail 2 copies to Dominican, finish my powerpoint presentation, write my part for a group project, and present my powerpoint to the class (via Skype!) on Saturday. I will also be uploading my thesis to a database to be published! Once all is said and done, I can post a link to my thesis on this blog for anyone who is interested. Or, if you'd like to take a look sooner feel free to e-mail me and I can send you the PDF.
I will say, after finishing the paper I feel like 50 pounds has been lifted off my back. Having a giant 45-page project looming over your head for 9 months straight is not fun!
I have decided not to attend my graduation ceremony, as I feel it is not worth the cost to fly out just to dress up and walk... although Master's students do get to wear some pretty awesome robes! Instead of attending my graduation ceremony, I will be celebrating 3 years with Nick at the Columbia Gorge. Yep, my graduation and our anniversary are on the same day. It will be an extra-special weekend. Now if I could just get through the next couple weeks!

1 comment:

  1. congrats! such a good feeling!!

    http://ladulcivida.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Tell us what you think!