Saturday, May 28, 2011

Entering the Real World

It's official, I'm done with schooling for good! 
Thank you all for your well wishes, love and support!
Last week I permitted myself a few days "off" to savor my success and reward myself a bit. I also bought myself flowers in lieu of flying down to San Rafael to attend my graduation ceremony. I will admit that this grad school graduation has been pretty anticlimactic. I didn't realize how significant "walking" is in providing closure after two years of hard work. At times it has been difficult to find closure for this chapter in my life because there was no "significant event" to mark it. Granted, I still don't regret my decision to stay home rather than fly out solely to attend the ceremony. I just have a better understanding of what it can do for one's psyche! Maybe getting my diploma in the mail will help me mark the end of that chapter. 
I've applied to several jobs lately, from social worker to university "success coach" to kindergarten teacher (yes, there are a couple teaching jobs out there-- keep your fingers crossed!). As long as I can secure a job within the Social Services arena, I will be very happy. No interview calls yet-- but I have a feeling that next week will be a good one.





All flowers are from Trader Joe's. I love the variety that they offer, and their prices are low enough that I could afford some variety. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us what you think!