Tuesday, April 24, 2012

A Girls Weekend

As I mentioned before, I flew down to Orange County last month for a girls weekend with my mom and sisters. It was the first time I got to see them since Nick proposed, and we dedicated the weekend to (five!) dress appointments and wedding talk. It was a short yet very sweet weekend, albeit very tiring! I did not expect dress try-ons to be so draining-- by the end of each day I was in a daze! The adventure was well-worth it, though, as I found THE dress. Of course I can't describe it on here, nor can I post any pictures (boo!) but I will say that it is everything that I wanted in a dress.
 
We bought the dress and accessories that same weekend (thanks mom!! ;) and had them shipped up to my Eugene address. Free shipping and no sales tax (thanks Oregon!) -- Wahoo!!

I received my dress and accessories last week, and got to try everything on while Nick was at work. A few days later I also received my grandmother's wedding dress in the mail. She was married over 60 years ago and made the dress herself. Unfortunately she was teeny-tiny, so I don't fit into it very well-- I can't exactly zip it up! However, I think it would be very neat to incorporate at least a piece of her dress into our wedding somehow. Any thoughts or ideas would be much appreciated! I am thinking maybe around the bouquet? The thought of cutting up the dress makes me shudder a bit because of all the history behind it. For now, it is safe next to my wedding dress until I am absolutely sure of what to do with it.

2 comments:

  1. I love the last picture. It truly shows how tired you were and that was only day one! Yes, it was a WONDERFUL weekend and turned out exactly as I hoped it would.....ALL ABOUT YOU! I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the ring pops picture. too cute. can't wait for your wedding! enjoy all the planning

    -Jodi

    ReplyDelete

Tell us what you think!