Monday, October 10, 2011

I should probably be working right now

And so starts another week at the brokerage! My first week was exhausting--mentally, not physically--and required about 70 hours of my time. I was expecting it, though, and have decided to focus my time better this week. Now that the foundation of the business has been established (at least somewhat), I feel like I can accomplish a little bit more in a little bit less time. This week I will aim for 50 hours, including Satuday's open house.

This last weekend I spent about 5 hours each day showing a 4plex and 3 duplexes. At first I was a little disappointed at the populations my ad attracted, but as the day progressed I found myself talking to more qualified people. The open house created some interest, and I have a feeling I'll be getting a few calls this week based on it. I'm hoping to hear from one person in particular, though. He made a verbal cash offer, but it was too low. Hopefully he will come to his senses and agree to pay full price as the property is already underpriced!

Most importantly, though, I got to see Katie and Toby. It was a hard week to spend without them, but I know there is a greater good involved. We ended up taking it easy the first night. On Saturday night we went over to Mike & Linda's for burgers and scrabble. Last night, we went over for Chinese food. I think they are trying to put some meat on our bones! Katie spent the mornings of my open houses tanning and working out. I'm glad we have access to those amenities!

Well, it is time to get to work now. Today I will be meeting with a Mortgage Banker/Loan Officer to start building a relationship. After that, Mike and I will do lunch to discuss our plans for the week. Finally, I'll be showing Auntie's house, which I am listing :) Hope it sells!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us what you think!