Saturday, June 11, 2011

A Nice Vacation

This week I've been on vacation and, I have to say, we had a lot of fun with the free time! It was a relaxing week remarked by beauty, adventure, and rest. After spending a few days around St. Johns, we went camping in Scappoose and spent a night on the water. Not only was it secluded, it was also dry and beautiful! Toby had a great time retrieving sticks from the creek and is getting much better under voice command. I'll once again let the pictures do the talking as they do a much better job than I can!

Cathedral Park

Everyone takes this picture, but I had to.


Katie and Töby


Park Flowers


Lichens on a lamp post. A lichen is a cross between algae and fungus. I can thank my 10th grade science teacher with a clever way to remember this: "When Alice Algae and Freddie Fungus met, they look a lichen to each other."

Scappoose-Vernonia ("Scapponia")


The bridge next to our campground

I think I am going to start "planking" whenever we go on vacation.

Our campsite on the stream

Katie shooting my Colt .22; she can shoot nickels from 10 yards!
Our target/backstop
The BLM Land on which we shot
Me and Katie (and Töby) on the bridge
Toby loves the water
Pretty Flowers on the BLM land

Mr. Larone

The bridge on the neighbor's campground


Flowers on our campsite


Skipping perfectly flat river rocks
Vacation came and went, but fortunately I have another one scheduled for next month! We will be heading to Colorado for about five days to visit with Katie's dad, sister, and her sister's boyfriend Tanner. It should be loads of fun... a real rip-snortin' time. Stay tuned!




1 comment:

  1. Looks like toby had a good time !! It's so pretty, you guys also look like you had a good time :-) love ya mom& dad

    ReplyDelete

Tell us what you think!